Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dear Resin BJD Wig Review III

Its been a while since my last wig review post. By a while meaning 9 months. Nine freaking months. To be honest, I kinda forgot that this post is still a draft buried under 20+ posts. This has been a draft for too long that I already acquired a new wig from Licht, and I have one on the way from Leeke. Aside from those, I also intend to get two more from Crobidoll, hopefully by December. Yes, I am a wig hoarder.



Anyway, let's get on with the review! This post contains two of my most favorite (and most used!) wigs.

Pic heavy post ahead!


Crobidoll Short Boy Wig (CRWL-30)


Brand: Crobidoll
Date Bought: Mid-2012
Color: Mellow Cream
Size: 9-10
Length: about 7cm
Price $27
Where to Buy: Here

As much as I loved Axis' fur wig (shown here), I still wanted him to have a fiber wig. Fiber wigs are easier to maintain, and does not need much regular styling. This wig was my first choice for him among all the pretty wigs from Crobidoll. I imagined a clean-cut look for him in this wig, and when he finally put it on, he looked very... K-Pop. Hahaha. It's not a bad thing, I just didn't expect that look. Oh well, I love it!


Actual Pictures:

Front:




















Without Flash (L), With Flash (R)


Back:























Without Flash (L), With Flash (R)

Top:

Without Flash

With Flash

Inside:



Pros:
* Looks exactly like the company photos
* Easy to maintain and tends to keep its original styling even after playing with the fibers.
* Fits really well after a bit of modification (see Cons)
* Looks very natural in photos, even when photographed with flash.


Cons:
* The wig is size is 9-10, but was a bit tight on Axis. I had to undo a few stitches on the wig cap to make it fit his head. Its a really minor issue, but should be noted here.


Verdict:

I am very happy with this wig! I liked it so much on him that I couldn't let him wear his fur wig again. Axis has been using this wig for months now, but it still doesn't show much wear except for a few stray fibers on top of the wig. The style of the wig also remained the same as it was when I got it. 

This wig is the reason why I am a big fan of fiber wigs from Crobidoll. :)


***

Crobidoll Long Wavy Wig (CRWL-42)



Brand: Crobidoll
Date Bought: November 2012
Color: Milky Blonde
Size: 9-10
Length: about 25cm
Price $27
Where to Buy: Here


This wig is my 'grail' wig for Alice. It took me a while to get this specific style. The first time I was about to buy it, it was out of stock so I bought Axis' wig instead. The second time, we accidentally got the wrong wig (our fault). The third time, it was out of stock. Again. I finally got this one when my friend ordered a doll from Crobi last year and allowed me to piggyback on her order.


Actual Photos:

Front:


Without Flash (L), With Flash (R)


Back:


Without Flash (L), With Flash (R)

Top:


Without Flash


With Flash


Extra

Inside:




Pros:
* Looks exactly like the company photos
* Easy to maintain. Does not tangle even after styling
* Curls are firm and bounces back to its original styling.
* Looks very natural in photos, even when photographed with flash.


Cons:
* Alice usually wears 9-10 sized wigs. While this one is under the same size category, it is a bit loose on her. She needs a wig cap to be able to wear this snugly.


Verdict:

I. LOVE. IT. Seriously. Like Axis, Alice has been wearing this for almost a year. And even though its over-used, it is still in great shape! It looks a bit frizzy at times, but it still doesn't tangle. I can comb it with a hair doctor and make it look fluffy, then easily turn it back to pretty curly clumps with my fingers. Its really fun to style and I don't worry about ruining it. Overall, this wig is a great buy! I am thinking of getting another wig in this exact same style as a reserve in case I manage to murder the wig (which I doubt will happen).



***

Thank you for reading my third wig review! As mentioned earlier, I have a new wig from Licht and an incoming one from Leeke, which I may review soon. 

If you have any questions about my BJD wigs, or wigs in general, feel free leave a message or send me an email. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message here!